200,000 people gathered in central London to march for Palestinian rights on May 22nd 2021. It was described as one of the largest ever pro-Palestine gatherings in Britain. But now that the bombs have stopped falling on Gaza, it is not the time to stop. It is the time to ramp up our campaigning, and continue to do everything we can to place pressure on our Government until it holds Israel accountable for its brutal human rights violations. We must now take the energy and momentum we have generated at our marches and use it to take this struggle into our local communities so that our approach remains varied and effective.
So what does that mean in practical terms? Here are some simple steps to take to ensure the struggle continues.
- Sign up to our mailing list for regular updates about our events and actions
- Sign up to our volunteer list if you haven’t already. You will be contacted when we have upcoming events we need support with, or you can use it to offer specific services including admin help, copywriting, social media etc.
- Keep an eye out for our imminent upcoming actions which will include a youth organising event, a chance for you to lobby your MPs face-to-face, webinars bringing Palestinian voices from across the region to the forefront and many more. We will be announcing these various events shortly.
- Join PSC as a member to be a part of our campaigns and to receive up-to-date information, materials and support in creating your own events
- Get active in one of our local branches currently in over 60 locations across the UK
We are so grateful for the enthusiasm and energy every single supporter has brought to the table over the last few weeks, and your willingness to march for Palestine time and time again. We would like to thank you for your patience whilst we organise and diversify our next steps to ensure that we are contributing in the most helpful way to the struggle for justice for Palestine.
Onwards, to freedom, justice and equality!