THURSDAY 15 OCTOBER 2015
- Business Questions:
– John Howell: There has been a dramatic escalation in violence across Israel and the West Bank over recent weeks, so may we please have a debate on this serious issue?
– Chris Grayling: I think we are all concerned about what is happening in Israel and the West Bank. Utterly unacceptable incidents have taken place, including stabbings out of the blue and other incidents that have led to death and serious injury. We need to be constantly aware of that in this country and use every opportunity to try to facilitate talks and peace between the two sides. Obviously, I will ensure that my right hon. Friend the Foreign Secretary addresses the issue in this House before too long.
Commons Oral Answers
- Steve McCabe: What recent discussions has Foreign Secretary had with his Israeli counterpart on the Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism?
- Brendan O’Hara: What discussions has Foreign Secretary had with his Israeli counterpart on the demolition of the Samra School in Khirbeit Samra on 20 August 2015?
- Andrew Smith: What advice or guidance does the Government provide on the potential risks associated with investing in or conducting business with Israeli settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territories?
- Barry Sheerman: What assessment has Foreign Secretary made of the effectiveness of the Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism?
- Mark Pritchard: Will Foreign Secretary make representations to the Palestinian Authority on introducing legislation to abolish the death penalty?
- Matthew Pennycook: What assessment has Foreign Secretary made of the effectiveness of the Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism in enabling the construction and reconstruction of the Gaza Strip?
- Mark Pritchard: What steps has the Government taken to stop UK funding being used to pay the wages of convicted terrorists from the Palestinian Territories in custody in Israeli prisons?
- Alex Cunningham: What representations has DfID Secretary made to her Israeli counterparts on reducing bureaucratic procedures around the import of construction materials into Gaza?
- Barry Sheerman: What assistance has DfID given to the reconstruction of infrastructure in Gaza in the last five years?
- Barry Sheerman: What recent discussions has DfID Secretary had with her international partners on the effectiveness of the Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism?
- Alex Cunningham: What assessment has DfID Secretary made of the effect in Gaza on (a) reconstruction and (b) the production of doors and furniture of the recent decision by the Israeli government to reduce the thickness of wood that can be imported into Gaza without prior approval to 1cm?
- Mark Pritchard: What funding does the UK provide for sports development in schools in the Palestinian territories?
Nos 2-13 Commons Written Answers
END[no relevant Parliamentary business on Wednesday]
TUESDAY 13 OCTOBER 2015
- Baroness Tonge: What training has been provided to British military and police personnel by Israel in the past 12 months?
- Lord Hylton: What assessment have HMG made of the progress achieved at the meeting of the Middle East Quartet on 10 September?
- Baroness Tonge: What representations are HMG making to the government of Israel regarding the extension of the Separation Barrier in the Cremisan Valley and its effect on Christian families who previously occupied that land?
- Baroness Tonge: What representations are HMG making to the government of Israel following the stop-work order issued by the Israeli Civil Administration in relation to the construction of a football field in the Muslim village of Wadi Foquin in the Bethlehem district of the West Bank?
Nos 1-4 Lords Written Answers
MONDAY 12 OCTOBER 2015
- David Lidington reports on the informal meeting of EU Foreign Ministers (Gymnich) 4–5 September 2015, where the MEPP was also discussed: “Ms. Mogherini used her opening remarks at the Gymnich to announce a meeting of the Quartet with key Arab countries in the margins of the United Nations General Assembly. Her statement can be found at:
Ms. Mogherini provided a sobering analysis of the situation on the ground including the fact that the humanitarian situation in Gaza remained dire.
I agreed with Ms. Mogherini’s priorities for Gaza (access and port) and added power supply as a third priority. I also echoed other speakers in calling for the implementation of existing EU legislation applicable to settlement products.
Commons Written Statements
- Jim Cunningham: How many meetings has Foreign Secretary had with (a) Israeli and (b) Palestinian officials in the last year; and will he make a statement?
- Jim Cunningham: What estimate has BIS made of the (a) number and (b) value of arms export licences issued for Israel in the last year?
Nos 2-3 Commons Written Answers
- Baroness Tonge: What representations have HMG made to the government of Israel regarding the block on exports from Gaza?
- Baroness Tonge: What representations have HMG made to the Palestinian Authority and the government of Israel regarding the increase in neonatal mortality in the Gaza Strip?
- Baroness Tonge: What assessment have HMG made of the outcomes of the talks between Tony Blair and Hamas since his active negotiations with Khaled Meshaal in June?
- Baroness Tonge: What discussions are HMG having with the government of Israel about the review of live-fire regulations?
- Lord Hylton: To what extent has the partial embargo imposed in 2014 on military supplies and equipment for Israel been lifted; what was the reason for this decision; and was the matter considered by the Cabinet?
- Baroness Tonge: What discussions have HMG had with the government of Israel following the strike at Christian schools in Israel in protest against funding cuts?
- Bishop of Coventry: What is HMG’s current assessment of the number of “price tag” attacks on church property in Israel?
- Bishop of Coventry: What assessment have HMG made of the current differences in the levels of funding between Christian schools and other schools in Israel?
- Bishop of Southwark: What representations have HMG made to the government of Israel following the decision of the Israeli Supreme Court of 6 July to allow the construction of a section of the separation barrier though the Cremisan Valley?
- Bishop of Southwark: What is HMG’s assessment of the viability of a two-state solution in Israel and Palestine following the decision to resume construction of the separation barrier in Beir Ona, near the Cremisan Valley?
- Baroness Tonge: What concerns have HMG expressed to the government of Israel about the temporal and spatial restrictions on the entry for Muslims to Al Aqsa Mosque in East Jerusalem?
- Baroness Tonge: What representations have HMG made to the government of Israel about the family living in the Negev at Wadi Atir whose water tank was removed by Israeli soldiers during a heatwave as part of a demolition?
- Baroness Tonge: What recent discussions have HMG had with the government of Israel concerning the right of return for Palestinians?
- Bishop of Southwark: What progress is being made in securing a European Union decision on the labelling of products from Israeli settlements?
- Baroness Tonge: What representations are HMG making to the government of the United States about the number of United States nationals currently living in settlements in the West Bank?
- Baroness Tonge: What representations have HMG made to the government of Israel concerning the lack of progress in arresting the people responsible for the Duma village arson attack in July 2015?
- Baroness Tonge: What contact, if any, have Ministers and diplomats had with the Dawabsha family following the death of three members of that family in an arson attack in Duma village in July?
- Baroness Tonge: What representations have HMG made to the government of Israel about the progress of the investigation into the death of Ali Saeed Dawabsheh in Duma village near Nablus?
- Baroness Tonge: What representations have HMG made to the government of Israel concerning its imposition of restrictions on access to water for Palestinians in the West Bank and East Jerusalem?
Nos 4-22 Lords Written Answers