Saturday 27 January 2018, 10.00am – 5pm (registration from 9.30 am)
The London Irish Centre 50-52 Camden Square, London NW1 9XB
You can register online please see the main AGM page here
To pay by cheque please complete a registration form and return by post to: PSC, Box BM PSA, London, WC1N 3XX
To pay by credit / debit card please call 020 7700 6192
The PSC Annual General Meeting is a vital event at which we discuss our work over the last year and plan the future of our campaign, including motions and elections to the Executive Committee.
Please join us there!
All members of national PSC are strongly encouraged to attend the AGM. If you are not sure whether your membership is up to date, please contact email@example.com or 020 7700 6192
In order to facilitate the smooth running of the AGM, it is essential that all individual delegates register by 20 January 2018 at the latest.
AGM registration cost: £8 waged, £6 unwaged
- Every member in good standing has 1 vote, but a minimum period of membership of 3 months, i.e. by 27 October 2017, is necessary before voting rights are acquired.
- PSC branches may send a delegate but will only be entitled to vote if the branch has paid its subscription (£25 annually in January)
- Delegates from affiliated national organisations with over 100,000 members are entitled to 3 votes.
- Delegates from all other affiliated organisations are entitled to 1 vote.
- Delegates from affiliated national organisations and PSC branches must be nominated by their organisations and registered with the PSC office by 20 January 2017 with their individual membership in good standing
- Voting for candidates will be by ballot at the AGM. Tellers will be appointed by the meeting.
Motions and Amendments
- Motions to the AGM must be received in the PSC office by Midnight on 25 November 2017.
- Please keep the text of motions to no more than 300 words. These will be sent to members by 16 December 2017.
- All motions must have a proposer and seconder who are also members of PSC at 27th October 2017
- Amendments to motions must be received in the PSC office by Midnight 15 January 2018.
- Please keep the text of amendments to no more than 100 words.
Elections to the PSC Executive Committee
Nominations to the Executive Committee must be received in the PSC office by Midnight 25 November 2017.
The following positions are elected at the AGM:
Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Trade Union Liaison Officer, Student Liaison Officer, Campaigns Officer and 8 ordinary members of the Executive Committee.
Election regulations and copies of the constitution are available from the office on request.
Nominations must have the name of proposer, seconder and candidate’s agreement. All of whom must have been a national PSC member for 6 months before the AGM. Candidates can write 100 words in support of their nomination. Nominations should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight 25 November.
If you have any trouble doing either of these please contact the PSC office on 020 7700 6192 or email email@example.com
We look forward to your participation at our next AGM.