Palestine Solidarity Campaign is asking candidates to respond to the following:
Do you agree with the following statements:
- I urge the UK Government to uphold the principles of equality, human rights and international law in all its relations and dealings with Israel.
- I consider the construction of Israeli settlements on occupied Palestinian land in the West Bank and East Jerusalem to be illegal and unjustifiable.
Yes/noIn achieving these principles, what are your views on the following steps that a future UK Government could take:
- Do you agree that one of the first acts of the next UK Government should be the recognition of Palestine?
- Do you agree that the blockade on Gaza should be lifted immediately?
- Do you agree that we should stop trade with Israel’s settlements on Palestinian land, and stop settlement goods being sold in Britain?
- Do you agree that the EU Israel Association Agreement should be suspended until Israel meets its human rights obligations?
- Do you agree that the government should stop supplying arms to Israel until it complies with international law?
If you have answered don’t know to any question, have you got any additional comments?[These questions are being asked of candidates of all major democratic parties. The answers will be collated and published on the Palestine Solidarity Campaign website.]
To send these questions to your candidates click here>
To see how your candidates have responded click here>