PSC Annual General Meeting 2020
Saturday 25th January 2020, 9:30am – 5pm,
Conway Hall, 25 Red Lion Square, London, WC1 4RL
The PSC Annual General Meeting is a vital event, discussing our work over the last year, and planning the future of our campaign – including motions and elections to the Executive Committee.
All members of national PSC are strongly encouraged to attend the AGM where important decisions are made. PSC is a democratic organisation managed by members elected to serve on the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee is elected yearly at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and meets at least six times a year.
The AGM sets campaigning priorities for the coming year through an agreed Annual Plan, which the Executive Committee oversees the implementation of.
All individual members of PSC are able to attend the AGM, and can vote provided their membership is in good standing continuously from Friday 25th October 2019. Local PSC branches, as well as affiliated organisations are also able to vote.
All PSC members and delegates wishing to attend the AGM must register in advance. Online registration is open until Friday 17 January 2020.
Full details of all aspects of the AGM can be found in the following sections below:
You can also pay by cheque by downloading the individual registration form and returning it to PSC, Box BM PSA, London, WC1N 3XX.
AGM registration cost: £8 waged, £6 unwaged (includes lunch)
To receive a vote at the AGM, your membership must be in good standing and continuous from Friday 25th October 2019.
Online registration is open until Friday 17 January 2019.
If you are not sure whether your membership is up to date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7700 6192
If you would like to become a member or renew your membership you can join PSC here.
Delegates from branches and affiliated organisations must download the affiliate registration form, and return the completed form by post, with payment to PSC, Box BM PSA, London, WC1N 3XX
To pay by credit / debit card please call 020 7700 6192 to make payment over the phone.
AGM registration cost: £8 (includes lunch)
If you are not sure whether your group affiliation is up to date, please contact email@example.com or call 020 7700 6192
The current affiliate membership categories are:
Affiliate Local £25
Affiliate Regional £50
Affiliate National 1 £500 below 100k members
Affiliate National 2 £750 100k- 500k members
Affiliate National 3 £1,000 over 500k members
All affiliate delegates who wish to attend the AGM are kindly requested to register in advance by Friday 17 January 2020.
Those attending on behalf of your organisation need to be individual members of PSC in good standing.
- Every member in good standing has 1 vote, but a minimum period of membership of 3 months is necessary before voting rights are acquired. This means they will need to be a national member from Friday 25th October
- PSC branches may send a delegate but will only be entitled to vote if the branch has paid its annual subscription (£25) by January
- Delegates from affiliated national organisations with over 100,000 members are entitled to 3 votes.
- Delegates from all other affiliated organisations are entitled to 1 vote.
- Delegates from affiliated national organisations and PSC branches are kindly requested to be nominated by their organisations and registered with the PSC office by Friday 17 January 2020.
|Thursday 25 July 2019||Last date to join to be eligible for election to the Executive Committee.|
|Friday 25th October 2019||Last date to join to be eligible to vote at the AGM|
|Friday 29 November at 5pm||Receipt of motions ends|
|Friday 17 January 2020 at 5pm||Receipt of amendments to motions ends|
|Friday 17 January 2020||Registration of delegates closes online and by phone.
All those attending are requested to register by this point to ease the pressure on our admin staff and volunteers
|Wednesday 22 January 2020||No registrations will be accepted after this date|
Motions and Amendments
- Motions to the AGM must be received by PSC via firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 29 November 2019
- Motions other than constitutional amendments, should be no more than 300 words in length. These will be sent to members by 13 December 2019
- All motions must have a proposer and seconder who have been members of PSC from at least 25 October 2019
- Amendments to motions must be received in the PSC office by 5pm on Friday 17 January 2020
- Please keep the text of amendments to no more than 100 words.
Elections to the Executive Committee
Nominations to the Executive Committee must be received in the PSC office by 5pm on Friday 29 November 2019.
The following positions are elected at the AGM:
Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Trade Union Liaison Officer, Campaigns Officer and 8 ordinary members of the Executive Committee.
Nominations must have the name of proposer, seconder and candidate’s agreement. Candidates must have been a national PSC member for at least 6 months before the AGM – 25 July 2019.
Candidates are encouraged to submit 100 words in support of their nomination. Nominations should be sent to email@example.com by 5pm, Friday 29 November 2019.