THURSDAY 3 APRIL 2014
1. Ukraine debate:
– Lord Dykes: [extract] “The inconsistency of American policy in the Middle East peace process has allowed 35 vetoes since 1967 and has allowed Israel, a wonderful country with wonderful people but a lousy Government, to disobey international law all the way through and get away with it……… Israel has been in the Occupied Territories for nearly 50 years and nothing has been done about it. People notice these things. There is an idea that John Kerry will suddenly come along and say, “Well, I hope you didn’t notice what happened before but we’re now going to solve it”, but there is now a complete vacuum. Netanyahu will not co-operate. You have to have a sensible Government. It is no wonder that young Israelis have gone to live in Berlin: they are fed up with the situation in Israel with its extreme policy.”
Lords Grand Committee
2. Baroness Tonge: Will HMG make representations to Israel about the reported shooting of Fadel Odwan in Gaza, and will they discuss the use of live fire against farmers and their children in the buffer zone?
Lords Written Answers
WEDNESDAY 2 APRIL 2014
1. Robert Halfon: What recent reports has Foreign Secretary received of rocket fire by Islamic Jihad into Israel from Gaza?
Commons Written Answers
2. Lord Hylton: Do HMG intend to make representations to Egypt regarding protection needs of Syrian and Palestinian refugees now irregularly in Egypt? http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld201314/ldhansrd/text/140402w0001.htm#14040273000809
3. Lord Hylton: What response have HMG received from Israel to their representations of 11 March regarding the death of Mr Raed Zeiter?
Nos 2-3 Lords Written Answers
TUESDAY 1 APRIL 2014
1. Lord Hylton: What action are HMG and their international partners taking to lessen the hardship suffered by Palestinian refugees in Syria, especially in Yarmouk?
2. Lord Hylton: Have HMG consulted UNWRA, UNHCR, and IOM following refusal of states to accept Palestinian refugees who have fled or who seek to flee from Syria; and can they foresee any solutions to their problems of irregular status or possible refoulement?
MONDAY 31 MARCH 2014
1. Matthew Offord: What assessment has FCO made of the implications on regional security of the IDF announcement of the discovery of a tunnel extending 700 metres into Israel from Gaza?
2. Matthew Offord: What recent assessment has FCO made of Iran’s financial and material support for terrorist groups in the Middle East? [Hugh Robertson: [extract] “We continue to have serious concerns about Iran’s support for groups such as the military wings of Hamas and Hezbollah, armed groups in Iraq, and across the region.”]
3. David Burrowes: What recent representations has Foreign Secretary made to the PA about reports that cultural and sporting events in the Palestinian Territories are named after Palestinian terrorists?[Hugh Robertson: Refers to http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201314/cmhansrd/cm140325/text/140325w0002.htm#14032591000077]
4. Robert Halfon: What representations has Foreign Secretary made to the PA on the publication on Fatah’s Facebook page of maps depicting geographic Israel replaced by Palestine?
5. Robert Halfon: What representations has Foreign Secretary made to the PA on recent comments by the senior Fatah official Ahmed Assaf on Dalal Mughrabi?
6. Guto Bebb: What processes are in place to ensure that individuals and NGOs in the Palestinian Territories receiving UK aid payments are not associated with terrorist organisations?
7. Guto Bebb: Have any PA civil servant been refused UK aid payments on the grounds of links with terrorist organisations, and what processes are in place to ensure PA civil servants in receipt of UK aid payments are not associated with terrorist organisations and have no previous record of terror offences?
Commons Written Answers