This week there have been a number of questions relating to funding of Palestinian projects plus concern over Israel’s strike on Syria. Mike Hancock MP has asked about the Government’s discussions with Israel over the recording of interviews with children. Audio-visual recording of Israeli police interviews is a key demand of our campaign for child prisoners. This is because there are widespread, substantiated allegations of torture and improper treatment of children, in breach of the Geneva Convention.
THURSDAY 14 FEBRUARY 2013
1. Operation of UK’s Counter-Terrorist Asset Freezing Regime (including Palestinian entities). Commons Written Statements
2. Foreign Secretary to attend 18 February Foreign Affairs Committee at Europe where “UK will welcome discussion of settlements and Palestinian financing, and will reiterate the importance of EU action that supports the Egyptian-brokered ceasefire efforts, and addresses the underlying causes of the conflict in Gaza”. Commons Written Statements
3. Equality (Language Analysis – Palestinian, Syrian and Kuwaiti Testing) Authorisation 2013: To assist in identifying asylum applicant’s true place of origin and deter claims made in a false nationality. According to UKBA data, between October 2011 and May 2012 none of the 12 claiming to be Palestinian were found to be from Palestine. Commons Written Statements
4. Sir Bob Russell: Asks Leader of the House for general debate on why UEFA-U21 football finals are to be held in Israel. [Andrew Lansley says he will raise issues with FCO and DCMS Commons Business Questions
5. Angie Bray: Will Foreign Secretary make representations to PA that Mayor Mustafa Fuqaha’s reported remarks that Israeli security forces deliberately target children be retracted?
6. Gordon Henderson: What reports has Foreign Secretary received on naming of cultural and sporting events in Palestine after Palestinian terrorists?
7. Gordon Henderson: What recent representations has Foreign Secretary made to PA on reports that Fatah’s official Lebanese FB page published images of a mother dressing her young son with explosives?
8. Gordon Henderson: What recent representations has Foreign Secretary made to PA after reports that Fatah’s official FB page published images of children carrying weapons?
Nos 5-8 Commons Written Answers