WEDNESDAY 7 JANUARY 2015
- Lord Warner: Further to the Written Answer by Lord Bates on 15 December, will HMG consider placing persons on their watchlist where they hold evidence of them undertaking, permitting or financing illegal settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories?
TUESDAY 6 JANUARY 2015
- Andrew Smith: What assessment has FCO made of the causes and consequences of recent unrest in East Jerusalem?
- Andrew Smith: What contribution is the Government making to international efforts to ensure that people involved in the olive harvest in the Occupied Palestinian Territories are protected from violence and harassment by illegal settlers?
- Andrew Smith: What assessment has FCO made of the implications for its policies of the reasons advanced by the Swedish government for recognising Palestinian statehood?
Nos 1-3 Commons Written Answers
- UN Security Council: Israel and Palestine – Question tabled by Baroness Tonge: “To ask Her Majesty’s Government what action they will take to support a two-state solution for Israel and Palestine, following the rejection of the Jordanian resolution at the United Nations Security Council on 30 December.” Questions were also asked by Lord Anderson, Baroness Morris, Baroness Morganand Lord Gold. Baroness Anelay replied.
Lords Oral Answers
- Baroness Tonge: What assessment have HMG made of the appointment of General Eisenkot as Chief of Staff of the Israeli Defence Force; and what discussions have they had with the Government of Israel concerning his Dahiyya Doctrine?
- Baroness Tonge: What representations have HMG made to the Government of Israel concerning (1) the arrest of fishermen on 6 December, (2) reported targeting of fishing boats with machine gun fire, and (3) deaths and wounding of fishermen since 26 August?
- Baroness Tonge: What assessment have HMG made of Israel’s proposed “nation-state” bill?
- Baroness Tonge: What representations have HMG made to the government of Israel concerning reports of the Israeli Civil Administration’s confiscation of wet weather tarpaulin sheets on 27 November from the Samen Bedouin Community in East Jerusalem?
- Baroness Tonge: What priority are HMG giving to negotiations for a ceasefire in Gaza?
- Lord Ahmed: What action do HMG plan to take regarding Israel’s occupation of the Occupied Palestinian Territories?
- Lord Ahmed: What action do HMG plan to take to protect the viability of the two state solution, in the light of Israel’s plans on settlement expansions?
- Baroness Deech: What is HMG’s assessment of the treatment of homosexuals in Middle East countries, in particular in (1) Israel, (2) the Palestinian Territories, and (3) Gaza?
- Lord Turnberg: What action do HMG plan to take to protect the viability of the two-state solution, in the light of the statement by the Hamas leadership on 14 December that they are intent on the destruction of Israel?
- Lord Ahmed: Do HMG plan to place restrictions on United Kingdom trade with Israeli settlements?
- Lord Ahmed: Do HMG plan to prohibit the importation of goods from Israeli settlements to the United Kingdom unless they are certified by the Palestinian Authority under the European Union–Palestine Liberation Organisation Association Agreement?
- Baroness Tonge: Have HMG held discussions with the European Union concerning the case for reversing its policy of trying to isolate and topple Hamas, in the light of the analysis of the International Crisis Group?
- Baroness Deech: What assessment have HMG made of the treatment of Christians in Gaza?
- Baroness Tonge: What temporary arrangements have been made for the homeless in Gaza over this and succeeding winters?
- Lord Turnberg: What assessment have HMG made of the value to the Palestinian economy of the employment of Palestinians by Israeli companies in the West Bank?
- Lord Turnberg: What efforts are HMG making to encourage Hamas to co-operate with international aid agencies in the reconstruction of civilian property?
Nos 5-20 Lords Written Answers
MONDAY 5 JANUARY 2015
- Richard Burden: What progress has FCO made on agreeing the language to be used in the draft UNSC resolution outlining the principles for a peace settlement between Israel and Palestine? [ed: the question was asked on 18 December]
Commons Written Answers
- Gareth Thomas: What plans does DfID Secretary have to continue to fund UNRWA when the current funding programme ends in 2015, and will she make a statement?
Commons Written Answers