THURSDAY 24 DECEMBER 2015
- Steve McCabe: Pursuant to Written Answer 18122 of [http://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/written-questions-answers-statements/written-question/Commons/2015-11-30/18122/], (a) how many times and (b) on what grounds have Palestinian academics not been given permission to attend academic conferences in the UK in the last five years; and will the Home Secretary make a statement? [ed: the subject of the earlier question 18122 was Dr Nahida Al Arja, a Palestinian; but this latest Written Answer only refers to Syrians] http://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/written-questions-answers-statements/written-question/Commons/2015-12-14/19862
- Andy Slaughter: Will FCO make representations to the Israeli government about the proposed demolition of the Israeli Arab village of Umm-al-hiran? http://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/written-questions-answers-statements/written-question/Commons/2015-12-15/20319
- Andy Slaughter: What work is FCO undertaking with partner countries to address the inequalities experienced by Bedouin Arab communities in Israel? http://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/written-questions-answers-statements/written-question/Commons/2015-12-14/19938
- Andy Slaughter: What recent representations has FCO made to the Israeli government about the restrictions on construction in government-planned Bedouin towns? http://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/written-questions-answers-statements/written-question/Commons/2015-12-14/19939
- Andy Slaughter: What recent representations has FCO made to the Israeli government on the provision of services to communities of different ethnicities in the Negev region? http://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/written-questions-answers-statements/written-question/Commons/2015-12-14/20071
- Andy Slaughter: What recent representations has FCO made to the Israeli government on the risk of demolition to recognised and unrecognised Bedouin villages in Israel? http://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/written-questions-answers-statements/written-question/Commons/2015-12-14/20072
Nos 1-6 Commons Written Answers
MONDAY 21 DECEMBER 2015
1. Baroness Tonge: What advice have HMG given to banks concerning closing bank accounts of those NGOs supporting the Palestinians?
- Lord Hylton: Have HMG assessed the humanitarian impact of increasing the capacity of the Kerem Shalom goods crossing between Israel and Gaza; and do they have plans to discuss that issue with the government of Israel?
- Baroness Tonge: What action have HMG taken to ensure that local authorities do not enter into contracts with companies that also work in countries that they believe are breaking, or have broken, international law and the Geneva Convention? [Lord Bridges of Headley: The new Public Contracts Regulations 2015 impose a legal obligation on public authorities when awarding contracts above certain thresholds to treat EU and GPA (Government Procurement Agreement) suppliers equally. Decisions on sanctions for breaking international law and the Geneva Convention are for the Government’s foreign policy, and it is inappropriate and illegal for local authorities in some cases to prejudice suppliers on the basis of their “beliefs”. This policy has been in place for many years under successive governments.]
- Lord Hylton: Are Palestinian refugees who were, or still are, in Syria, eligible for resettlement as being among the most vulnerable?
- Lord Selkirk: What estimate have HMG made of the number of refugees in (1) Europe, (2) the Middle East, and (3) North Africa, and what are those figures broken down by country? [Baroness Verma’s reply includes a figure of 2,117,361 Palestinian refugees currently registered in Jordan, and 452,669 in Lebanon.]
Lords Written Answers