WEDNESDAY 19 NOVEMBER 2014
– David Cameron: [responding to Graham Jones’ written request to list his official engagements for the day] “I am sure the whole House will join me in condemning the senseless attack in a synagogue in West Jerusalem this week, in which five people were killed. One of the victims was a dual Israeli-UK citizen, Rabbi Avraham Goldberg, and we send our deepest condolences to his family and friends, as well as to the families of the other victims. This was an appalling act of terror, and we condemn all acts of this kind.” [excerpt]
– Graham Jones: “I think the whole House will echo the Prime Minister’s comments regarding the incident in Israel. It is a tragedy we are all deeply concerned about.” [excerpt]
Commons Oral Answers
- Tom Watson: For which periods have officers in the armed forces been trained on the operation and use of drone technology in Israel and the OPTs in the last two years?
Commons Written Answers
TUESDAY 18 NOVEMBER 2014
- David Burrowes: What support does the provide to ensure Hamas does not acquire construction materials for terror purposes?
- Mark Williams: What recent reports has Foreign Secretary received on IDF incursions into the West Bank and East Jerusalem and violence by settlers, and what plans does he have to raise the issue with his Israeli counterpart?
- Mark Williams: Will Foreign Secretary raise with his Israeli counterpart the death of Bahaa Samir Badir in Beit Liqiya on 16 October 2014?
- Mark Williams: What reports has Foreign Secretary received on attacks by the Israeli Ground Force and Navy on farmers and fishermen in Gaza in October 2014, and will he raise this matter with his Israeli counterpart?
- Douglas Alexander: What representations has Foreign Secretary made on the decision by Egypt to suspend talks between Israel and the Palestinians in Cairo?
- Matthew Offord: What assessment has FCO made of reports of bomb attacks against Fatah officials in the Gaza strip?
MONDAY 17 NOVEMBER 2014
- Chi Onwurah: What assessment has Foreign Secretary made of the effect on the peace process of differences in how the application of planning regulations apply to settlers and Palestinians in the West Bank?
- Guto Bebb: What assessment has Foreign Secretary made of the draft UN resolution calling on Israel to withdraw to the 1967 borders by 2016?
Nos 1-2 Commons Written Answers
- Baroness Tonge: What weapons has the UK purchased from Israel in the last five years?
- Baroness Tonge: What representations have HMG made to the government of Israel concerning its proposal to raise the maximum prison sentence for Palestinians convicted of stone-throwing to 20 years?
- Lord Hylton: What representations have HMG made to the government of Israel about the reported demolition of houses in Umm al-Khair village, near Hebron; and what assessment have they made of the impact of any such action on negotiations between the communities there?
- Lord Hylton: What representations have HMG made to the government of Israel about the reported demolition of property in the al-Abbasiya area of Silwan and the arrest of the family to whom it belonged; and what assessment have they made of the impact of any such action on negotiations between the communities there?
- Baroness Tonge: What representations have HMG made to the government of Israel concerning the shooting of the Palestinian suspected of wounding Temple Mount activist Yehuda Glick?
- Baroness Tonge: What action will HMG take to encourage both Israel and Palestine to ratify the Rome Statute?
- Baroness Tonge: In the light of the Amnesty International report Families Under the Rubble, what steps do HMG intend to take to ensure that Israel is held accountable for human rights violations carried out during Operation Protective Edge?
- Baroness Tonge: Have conditions for an enduring ceasefire in Gaza been settled, what are they and are they being met?
- Baroness Tonge: What assistance do HMG intend to give to the EU’s new High Representative Federica Mogherini to achieve her goal of establishing a Palestinian State?
- Baroness Deech: What representations have HMG made to the PA regarding the prevention of violence in the vicinity of the holy places of Jerusalem?
Nos 3-12 Lords Written Answers