7:00 pm - 8:15 pm
REGISTER TO JOIN HERE
Saturday 25th April, 7pm (UK time)
While Israel declares Jerusalem its united Capital, the coronavirus pandemic has highlighted how divided it really is.
Some East Jerusalem villages and neighbourhoods are separated by the Wall, and the Palestinian Authority is not allowed to operate in areas Israel considers to be part of Jerusalem.
This webinar brings together speakers from Jerusalem, who will explain the complexity of the occupation; the impact of the coronavirus; and how Palestinians are organising to ensure the coronavirus is contained.
Moderator: Professor Kamel Hawwash, PSC Chair
SPEAKERS & TOPICS:
• How Palestinians are organising themselves. Ahmad Al-Budeiri, Journalist & Coordinator of the Jerusalem Alliance
• The impact of coronavirus on families. Dr Rawan Al-Dajani, Deputy Director of the Community Action Center
• The economic impact of coronavirus. Louay Al-Husseini, Director General of the Arab Chamber of Commerce and Industry
• The impact of the occupation on Jerusalem. Dr Munir Nuseibeh, Director of Al-Quds University’s Human Rights Clinic
• Coronavirus medical update. Dr Abdulsalam Abu Libdeh, Consultant Paediatrician & Head of Paediatric Society Palestine