19/10/2013 - 20/10/2013
19th and 20th OCTOBER 2013
A two day conference bringing international speakers and groups and organisations actively supporting the Palestinian call for a campaign of Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) aims to build on boycott successes and growing civil society support for Palestine in Scotland and around the UK.
Divestment of public, workplace and church pension funds from companies, Israeli or otherwise, complicit in Israel’s daily violations of Palestinian rights is a vital part of our solidarity work. During the struggle against South African apartheid, churches, trade unions and campaigners were part of the world-wide divestment movement. It is now time to follow the example of others by divesting from Israeli occupation, colonisation and apartheid.
- Please register for the conference here (£20 or £10 concession). You can also register by post.
- Download, print / distribute leaflet
- Leaflet (white background)
Speakers & participants include:
· Anna Baltzer, National Organiser, US Campaign to End the Occupation
· Yafa Jarrar, Students Against Israeli Apartheid at Carleton University, Canada
· Ingvild Skogvold, Advisor, Norwegian People’s Aid
· Michael Deas, Europe Coordinator, Palestinian BDS National Committee
· Maggie Chapman, Scottish Green Party
· Peter Macdonald, Leader of the Iona Community
Scottish Palestine Solidarity Campaign