7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Friends Meeting House
Manchester Palestine Solidarity Campaign:
Special Meeting with Palestinian member of the Knesset Dr. Jamal Zahalka MK
Leader of the National Democratic Assembly.
Dr. Jamal Zahalka MK is leader of the National Democratic Assembly (NDA) (known as Tajammua` in Arabic, Balad in Hebrew) a democratic progressive national party of Palestinians in the Israeli Knesset. The NDA opposes the idea of Israel as a solely Jewish state, and stands for the creation of a binational state in Israel after it’s founder, Azmi Bishara, coined the phrase “a state of all its citizens.”
Don’t miss this opportunity to hear Dr. Zahalka talk about life as a member of the Knesset (one of only 3 NDA MKs) & the NDA’s vision for the future, including:
- Supporting the full withdrawal from the territories occupied in 1967 and establishing an independent Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza with East Jerusalem as its capital.
- Implementing UN resolution 194 (the right of return to Palestinian refugees).
- Supporting the repeal of recognition of the Zionist institutions of the State of Israel.
- Demanding recognition of Israeli Arabs as a national minority.
- Advocating the separation of religion and state in Israel.
- Challenging sectarianism and working towards full equality between men and women.
- Promoting equality, social justice and a fair distribution of wealth among various social classes.