10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Amnesty International’s Human Rights Action Centre
17-25 New Inn Yard, EC2A 3EA
The second national conference of the Palestine-UK Social Work Network
Registration and refreshments from 9.15am.
Conference fee: £15/£5 unwaged
Refreshments and vegetarian lunch (included in the fee) provided.
Speakers to include:
- Issa Rabadi, International Liaison Officer, Palestinian Union of Social Workers and Psychologists, Jerusalem
- Nihaya Aburayyan, Social Worker & Narrative Therapist, Doctors Without Borders, Palestine.
- Jane Lindsay, Acting Head of the School of Social Work, Kingston University and author of numerous chapters and articles on social work in Palestine
- Victoria Brittain & Betty Hunter, Action for Palestinian Children
- Mohamed Altawil & David Harrold, Palestine Trauma Centre (UK)
More speakers to be confirmed plus a range of workshops led by UK-based social workers who have visited Palestine.
This major conference bringing together social workers and other interested parties from Palestine and the UK will build on the successful, sell-out launch event in Durham in November 2012. The UK branch of the Palestine-UK Social Work Network are delighted to be welcoming social work colleagues from Palestine to deliver plenary addresses and share their experiences with us.
To find out more and to book your place please email firstname.lastname@example.org