9:30 am - 5:00 pm
25 Red Lion Square
The PSC Annual General Meeting is a vital event, discussing our work over the last year, and planning the future of our campaign – including motions and elections to the Executive Committee. Please join us there!
All members of national PSC are strongly encouraged to attend the AGM. If you are not sure whether your membership is up to date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7700 6192.
Please register using the form below. You can collect your delegate packs from 9:30am at the venue and the AGM will commence shortly after 10am.
Cost and accommodation
Cost: £8 waged, £6 unwaged
- At the AGM, every member in good standing has one vote, but a minimum period of membership of 3 months, ie by 24 October 2014, is necessary before voting rights are acquired.
- PSC branches can send a delegate but this will only be valid where the branch affiliated has paid its subscription (£25 annually in January) Delegates from affiliated national organisations with over 100,000 members are entitled to 3 votes. Delegates from all other affiliated organisations will have one vote.
- The names of delegates from affiliated national organisations and PSC branches must be nominated by their affiliated organisation and registered with the PSC office by 9 January 2015.
- In order to facilitate the smooth running of the AGM, to try to avoid lengthy registration queues, and guarantee your lunch, we are asking all delegates to pre-register for the AGM as an individual by 16 January 2015.
- Voting for candidates will be by ballot at the AGM. Tellers will be appointed by the meeting.
Motions and amendments
Motions to the AGM, and nominations to the executive must be received in the PSC office by 28 November 2014. Please keep any motions to no more than 300 words.
These will be sent to members by 13 December. Amendments to motions must be received in the PSC office by 17 January 2015. Please keep any amendments to no more than 100 words.
Elections to the PSC Executive Committee
The following positions are elected at the AGM: Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Trade Union Liaison Officer, Student Liaison Officer, Campaigns Officer, Publications Officer, 8 ordinary members of the Executive Committee.
Election regulations and copies of the constitution are available from the office on request.
Nominations must have the name of proposer, seconder and candidate’s agreement. (All of the above must have been a national PSC member for 6 months before the AGM. Candidates can write 100 words in support of their nomination).