24/02/2014 - 01/03/2014
Join us in your city for a unique opportunity to hear from War on Want and partner organisation ADDAMEER Palestinian Prisoner Support and Human Rights Association.
The speaking tour will be at these locations:
- Monday, 24 Feb, 6pm — University of Kent. Rutherford Lecture Theatre 1, University Road
- Wednesday, 26 Feb, 7pm — University College London. Darwin Building, Room B40
- Thursday, 27 Feb, 7pm — Durham University. Chemistry Department CG85
- Friday, 28 Feb, 7pm — University of Edinburgh. Old college, lecture theatre 183
- Saturday, 1 March, 2pm — University of Dundee. D’Arcy Thompson lecture theatre, Tower Building
This tour comes at a crucial moment: 5,033 Palestinians are detained by Israel, including 173 children, and 145 administrative detainees held without charge or trial. The British corporation G4S continues to provide security systems, equipment and ongoing services to Israeli prisons and interrogation centres at which human rights organisations have documented systematic torture and ill treatment of Palestinian prisoners, including child prisoners.
We are working with partners on the ground in Palestine to end G4S complicity in Israel’s prison system. Don’t miss this opportunity to hear from an inspiring Palestinian grassroots organisation and to get involved with War on Want’s Stop G4S campaign.
*** All speaking tour events are open to the public + free admission ***