6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
London Muslim Centre
46-92 Whitechapel Road, E1 1JX.
MADE in Europe presents:
Let’s Date – An Evening with a Fairtrade Palestinian Farmer, as part of the Fairtrade Fortnight
Join us for an evening of food, talks, and a film screening of critically acclaimed documentary “5 Broken Cameras” and hear a first-hand account of life under occupation from a Palestinian farmer from the West Bank.
Made in Europe’s #BuyPalestinian campaign aims to contribute to the economic development of Palestine by supporting Palestinian farmers who sell their produce abroad and increasing the consumer base in the UK and Europe.
* 50% of Palestinians suffer from food insecurities
* 17% of water is accessible to Palestinians from their own reservoirs
* 800,000 Palestinians rely on the annual olive harvest for their livelihood
* 2.5 million olive trees have been destroyed due to the building of the wall
* 6% of Palestinian produces are being sold abroad
Learn how you can support Palestinian farmers by buying fair trade Palestinian produce – which empowers them economically to fight poverty and drastically increase their quality of life.