9:30 am - 5:00 pm
173 Euston Road
An international conference looking at Britain’s legacy in Palestine is being organized by The Palestinian Return Centre (PRC).
To participate call and reserve your seat on: email@example.com or 02084530919, or via facebook
Refreshments will be served.
For further details visit PRC’s website:
It will coincide with the fourth Palestine Memorial Week, from 19th-25th Jan 2013, and be the formal launching pad for International Balfour Campaign, which is a five year initiative by the PRC to mark the centenary of the Balfour Declaration in 2017.
The Balfour campaign intends to raise greater awareness of Britain’s failed policy in Palestine and its devastating consequences. Thousands of Palestinians who suffered under British administration are still alive and many millions continue to endure terrible human rights abuse as a result of Britain’s failed policy in the region.
The following sessions and speakers are confirmed:
• Session 1: The Early History
• The Theological and Ideological Roots of the Balfour Declaration
• British Policy in Palestine
• Israel continues Britain’s colonial Legacy in Palestine
Session 2: British Legacy in Palestine
• Ethnic cleansing of Palestine: Same goal different model
• Living Under occupation, the mechanics of ongoing ethnic cleaning
Session 3: The African Mau Mau case & Britain – A comparative Review
• Australia’s National Sorry Day, lessons to be learnt
• Why Mau Mau Matters to Palestine
• The Legal framework of the Mau Mau Case and its implications for Palestinians
Session 4: What’s next?
The session will discuss the International Campaign to push Britain apologize for Palestinians.
- Prof Manuel Hassassian, Palestinian Ambassador to the UK
- Dr Uri Davies (Academic and a civil rights activist)
- Dr. Alison Weir, Journalist and Activist, Director of If Americans Knew
- Alan Hart. Renowned British Journalist and author
- John Bond (British Australian activist who lead the Australian national sorry campaign)
- Mohammed Othman (Palestinian civil right activist freed from Israeli detention after international campaign)
- Rev Dr Stephen Sizer (British Author Activist and Incumbent of the Anglican Parish of Christ Church)
- Former British MP, Martin Linton,
- Maria Holt, Senior Lecturer in the Democracy and Islam Program at Westminster University
- Mohammad Al Hamid, Head of PRC Board of Trustees
- Ibrahim Hewit, Journalist and Activist
- Dr Ghada Karmi, Writer/Academic and Activist
- Daud Abdullah, Director of Middle East Media Mentoring (MEMO)
- Sabah Al Mokhtar, President of Arab Lawyer Association