Palestine Solidarity Campaign is supporting the call by Action for Palestinian Children for Israel to implement, in full, the 40 recommendations made in the UK FCO-funded independent legal report, Children in Military Custody, which was published by a delegation of UK lawyers in June 2012.
Over a year after the report was published, very little has changed for Palestinian children.
Action for Palestinian Children is therefore calling on Israel to implement urgent action as a matter of urgency. They are calling on individuals and organisations to pledge their support for the key demands:
1. An end to Israel’s night-time raids and shackling of Palestinian children;
2. Audio-visual recordings of all interrogations;
3. Parents given the right to be present during questioning and the child’s right to access to a lawyer before their interrogation respected;
4. An end to the transfer of children to prisons inside Israel in breach of Article 76 of the Fourth Geneva Convention;
5. An end to the use of solitary confinement.
We are asking people to sign the pledge and to circulate the pledge to others for signing. You can sign the pledge here>
We also want people to contact their MPs and ask them to sign the pledge. Please send your MP a letter>