Palestine Solidarity Campaign is supporting the call by Action for Palestinian Children for Israel to implement, in full, the 40 recommendations made in the UK FCO-funded independent legal report, Children in Military Custody, which was published by a delegation of UK lawyers in June 2012.
Over a year after the report was published, very little has changed for Palestinian children.
Action for Palestinian Children is therefore calling on Israel to implement urgent action as a matter of urgency. They are calling on individuals and organisations to pledge their support for the key demands:
1. An end to Israel’s night-time raids and shackling of Palestinian children;
2. Audio-visual recordings of all interrogations;
3. Parents given the right to be present during questioning and the child’s right to access to a lawyer before their interrogation respected;
4. An end to the transfer of children to prisons inside Israel in breach of Article 76 of the Fourth Geneva Convention;
5. An end to the use of solitary confinement.
Click here for a full list of individuals and organisations supporting the pledge.
We are asking people to sign the pledge and to circulate the pledge to others for signing. You can sign the pledge here>
We also want people to contact their MPs and ask them to sign the pledge. Please send your MP a letter>
If they don’t sign we want to know what reasons the give. You can forward their responses to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Info@palestinecampaign.org
Download paper copies of the pledge>