These are the names and circumstances of the 180 Palestinians, 1 asylum seeker and the 21 Israelis killed between October 1st 2015 and 21st February 2016.
This should be seen in the context of the ongoing military occupation by Israel of the West Bank and East Jerusalem and Gaza since 1967, and the creation of more than 750,000 Palestinian refugees in 1948. Add to this the lack of movement towards peace or justice for Palestinians, despite numerous UN resolutions and condemnation by those governments friendly to Israel of, e.g. settlement activity. There are now at least 650,000 Israeli settlers living illegally in the West Bank and East Jerusalem in contravention of international law. Their presence results in additional hardships for Palestinian people through: loss of freedom of movement; loss of homes and communities; curtailing economic and business opportunities, and violent attacks by Israeli forces and Israeli settlers. This is an illegal and unsustainable situation.
Since October 2015, there have been a number of attacks by individuals or small groups on Israeli soldiers, settlers and civilians living in Israel. In total 181 Palestinians and 21 Israelis died between 1st October 2015 and 21st February 2016. All deserve to be remembered and here are their names.
We will try to add to it as more information comes through at the same time as continuing to work for peace with justice so that the killings come to an end. To this large number of deaths we need to add the huge number of injuries (c. 15,000 Palestinians), the increasing number of Palestinians in prison, many on administrative detention and the dramatic increase in house demolitions, including reprisal demolitions, a form of collective punishment that is illegal under international law.
The majority of Israelis killed were in occupied territory. For Palestinians, many were killed when guilty of, or just suspected of, having a weapon. These are extra judicial killings as the suspected or actual perpetrators were not brought to trial. Even though there are two laws operating in the West Bank (civil law for Israeli settlers and military law for Palestinians), there is no death penalty.
Please continue to write to your MPs and other representatives so that they know how their constituents feel and so that they urge the government to take action in support of peace and of human rights for all.
It is only through international action that justice and peace can be established.
Name Age Date (if known) Locaton Circumstances (where known)
1. Mohannad Halabi,
19 03.10.15 Al-Biiereh Ramallah Shot after allegedly grabbing gun and killing two Israelis
2. Fadi Alloun
19 04.10.15 Jerusalem Israeli claim of attack but this was’ contradicted by eyewitnesses and video
3. Amjad Hatem al-Jundi, 17 Hebron
4. Thaer Abu Ghazala 19 Jerusalem
5. Abdul-Rahma Obeidallah 11 Bethlehem
6. Hotheifa Suleiman 18 Tulkarem
7. Wisam Jamal Faraj
20 08.10.15 Jerusalem Shot by an exploding bullet during protest
8. Fares Mohammad al-Ja’bar 19 Hebron, near Kiryat Arba Settlement Israeli army claimed that Al Ja’bari tried to stab a soldier and take control of his gun. Palestinian eyewitness assured media that the youth carried no knife.
9. Ahmad Jamal Salah 20 Jerusalem
10. Shadi Hussam Doula 20 09.10.15 al Faraheen area east of Khan Younis city Killed when Israeli troops opened live gunfire at Palestinian protesters in the southern part of Gaza. Six Palestinians were killed in Gaza on the same day.
11. Ahmad Abdul-Rahman al-Harbawij 20 09.10.16 Gaza
12. Abed al-Wahid 20 09.10.16 Gaza
13. Mohammad Hisham al-Raqab 15 09.10.16 Gaza
14. Adnan Mousa Abu ‘Oleyyan,
22 09.10.16 Gaza
15. Ziad Nabil Sharaf 20 09.10.16 Gaza
16. Jihad Zayed Salem Obeid 22 10.10.15 Deir al-Balah, Gaza
17. Ishaq Badran
19 10.10.15 Jerusalem Israeli claim of ‘attack’ was contradicted by eyewitnesses
18. Marwan Hisham Barbakh 13 10.10.15 Gaza Died of serious wounds from the previous day when the Israeli forces killed six Palestinian protesters in Gaza and injured dozens more
19. Khalil Omar Othman 15 10.10.15 Gaza
20. Nour Rasmie Hassan
30 11.10.15 Gaza Killed along with her child in an Israeli airstrike
21. Rahaf Yahya Hassan
2 11.10.15 Gaza Killed along with her mother in an Israeli airstrike.
22. Mohammad Said Ali 19 Jerusalem
23. Ibrahim Ahmad Mustafa Awad
28 11.10.15 Hebron Died after being shot at protest by rubber-coated steel bullet in his forehead
24. Ahmad Abdullah Sharaka 13 Al Jalazoun Refugee camp-Ramallah
25. Mostafa Al Khateeb 18 Sur-Baher Jerusalem
26. Hassan Khalid Manassr 15 Jerusalem
27. Mohammad Nathmie Shamasna,
22 12.10.15 Qotna – Jerusalem
28. Baha’ Elian 22 13.10.15 Jabal Al Mokaber-Jerusalem Shot after allegedly killing 3 Israelis on bus
29. Mutaz Ibrahim Zawahr 27 Bethlehem Hit with a live bullet in the chest during a demonstration.
30. Ala’ Abu Jammal,
33 13.10.15 West Jerusalem Shot after stabbing and killing an Israeli Rabbi in West Jerusalem
31. Bassem Bassam Sidr 17 14.10.15 Jerusalem Killed in Jerusalem after an Israeli shouted that he ‘had a knife’ – but no knife was present
32. Ahmad Abu Sh’aban,
23 14.10.15 Jerusalem
33. Riyadh Ibraheem Dar-Yousif 46 Al Janyia village Ramallah Killed while harvesting olives
34. Fadi Al-Darbi 30 14.10.15 Jenin died in Israeli detention camp
35. Eyad Khalil Al Awawdah Hebron
36. Ihab Hannani 19 Nablus
37. Fadel al-Qawasmi
18 Hebron Shot by paramilitary settler, Israeli soldier then caught on film planting knife near his body
38. Yahya Abdel-Qader Farhat 23 16.10.15 Gaza Border Killed during protest at the border with Israel
39. Shawqie Jamal Jaber Obeid, 37 16.10.15 Gaza Died of wounds sustained the previous week during protest when 6 people died
40. Mahmoud Hatem Hmeid 22 16.10.15 Northern Gaza border killed during protest at border
41. Mo’taz Ahmad ‘Oweisat 16 17.10.15 Jerusalem Military claimed he had a knife
42. Bayan Abdul-Wahab al-‘Oseyli 16 17.10.15 Hebron Military claimed she had a knife, but video evidence contradicts that claim
43. Tariq Ziad an-Natsha 22 17.10.15 Hebron
44. Omar Mohammad al-Faqeeh 22 17.10.15 Qalandia Military claimed he had a knife
45. Mohannad al-‘Oqabi 21 Negev Allegedly killed soldier in bus station in Beer Sheba
46. Hoda Mohammad Darweesh 65 Jerusalem
47. Hamza Mousa Al Amllah 25 20.10.15 near Gush Etzion settlement From Hebron but killed close to the Settlement
48. Odai Hashem al-Masalma 24 20.10.15 Beit ‘Awwa town near Hebron.
49. Ahmad al-Sarhi 27 20.10.16 Gaza, al-Boreij Refugee Camp
50. Hussam Isma’el Al Ja’bari 18 21.10.15 Hebron
51. Bashaar Nidal Al Ja’bari 15 21.10.15 Hebron
52. Hashem al-‘Azza 54 21.10.15 Hebron Died of tear gas inhalation
53. Moa’taz Attalah Qassem 22 21.10.15 Eezariyya near Jerusalem
54. Mahmoud Khalid Eghneima 20 Hebron
55. Ahmad Mohammad Said Kamil, 16
16 23.10.15 Jenin
56. Yihya Hashem Kreira 20 23.10.15 Gaza Died of wounds sustained the previous week during protest at Nahal Oz
57. Khalil Hassan Abu Obeid
25 24.10.15 Khan Younis, Gaza Died from wounds sustained in protest earlier in the week
58. Salama Mousa Abu Jame 23 Khan Younis, Gaza
59. Sa’id Mohamed Yousif Al-Atrash 20 Hebron
60. Dania Jihad Irshied, 17 25.10.15 Hebron
61. Raed Sakit Abed Al Raheem Thalji Jaradat 22 Sa’ir – Hebron
62. Eyad Rouhi Ihjazi Jaradat 19 Sa’ir – Hebron
63. Ezzeddin Nadi Sha’ban Abu Shakhdam,
17 Hebron Shot by Israeli military after allegedly wounding soldier, then left to bleed to death
64. Shadi Nabil Dwei 22 Hebron Shot by Israeli military after allegedly wounding the same soldier as Ezzeddin Abu Shakhdam, then left to bleed to death.
65. Homam Adnan Sa’id 23 27.10.15 Tel Rumeida -Hebron Shot by Israeli soldiers claiming he had a knife, but eyewitnesses report seeing soldiers throwing a knife next to his dead body
66. Islam Rafiq Obeid 23 28.10.15 Tel Rumeida -Hebron
67. Nadim Eshqeirat 52 29.10.15 Jerusalem Died when Israeli soldiers delayed the ambulance coming to tend to his wounds
68. Mahdi Mohammad Ramadan al-Mohtasib 23 29.10.15 Hebron
69. Farouq Abdul-Qader Seder 19 29.10.15 Hebron
70. Qassem Saba’na 20 30.10.15 Za’atara CP shot on motorcycle near Zaatara checkpoint
71. Ahmad Hamada Qneibi 23 Jerusalem Soldiers claimed he had a knife
72. Ramadan Mohammad Faisal Thawabta 8 mths Bethlehem Died of tear gas inhalation
73. Mahmoud Talal Abdul-Karim Nazza 18 31.10.15 Al-Jalama Chekpoint near Jenin Israeli troops claim he had a knife, but eyewitnesses contradict that claim
74. Fadi Hassan al-Froukh 27 01.11.15 Beit Einoun – east of Hebron
75. Ahmad Awad Abu ar-Rob
76. Samir Ibrahim Skafi 23 04.11.15 West Bank Shot by Israeli soldiers and died, after his car hit a soldier who was on the street – it is unknown if he hit the soldier intentionally or accidentally
77. Malek Talal Sharif 25 05.11.15 Hebron shot dead after the army claimed he attempted to stab a settler
78. Tharwat Ibrahim Salman Sha’raw 73 Hebron shot dead by the army
79. Salman Aqel Mohammad Shahin, 22 Nablus
80. Rasha Ahmad Hamed ‘Oweissi 24 Qalqilya Carried suicide note and knife, but did not attempt to attack anyone
81. Mohammad Abed Nimir 37 Jerusalem
82. Sadeq Ziyad Gharbiyya 16 Jenin
83. Abdullah Azzam Shalald 26 Hebron
84. Mahmoud Mohammad Issa Shalalda
22 Sa’ir, Hebron
85. Hasan Jihad al-Baw
22 Halhoul, Hebron
86. Lafi Yousef Awad
22 Budrus, Ramallah
87. Laith Ashraf Manasra
88. Ahmad Sobhi Abu al-‘Aish
89. Mohammad Monir Hasan Saleh 24 Aroura – Ramallah
90. Shadi Zohdi Arafa
91. Mahmoud Sa’id ‘Oleyyan
92. Ashraqat Taha Qatanany
16 Nablus Rammed by car & shot under disputed claim that she had a knife
93. Shadi Mohammad Mahmoud Khseib
From al-Bireh Shot by Israeli settler after car accident.
94. Sami Shawqi Madhi 41 12.11.15 Gaza, Al Bureij Camp killed during protest at the camp
95. Mahmoud Mohammad al-‘Agha 20 18.11.15 Khan Younis, Gaza killed during protest
96. Issa Thawabta 34 22.11.15 Gush Etzion Settlement Shot after allegedly stabbing Israeli.
97. Hadeel Wajeeh ‘Awwad 16 23.11.15 Jerusalem Shot to death after allegedly stabbing and wounding an elderly Palestinian man
98. Ahmad Jamal Taha, 16 23.11.15 Ramallah Shot to death after allegedly stabbing an Israeli settler at a petrol station
99. Alaa Khalil Sabah Hashah 16 23.11.15 Huwwara CP near Nablus Shot to death with at least 10 bullets, Israeli troops claimed he had a knife but eyewitnesses contradicted that claim
100. Mohammad Ismael Shobaki 19 25.11.15 south of Hebron Shot multiple times after allegedly stabbing an Israeli soldier
101. Hani Rafiq Wahdan 22 25.11.15 al-Shejaiyya, eastern Gaza killed by Israeli forces during protest
102. Ibrahim Abdul-Halim Daou 16 25.11.15 West Bank died of wounds sustained two weeks earlier when he was shot in the heart by Israeli soldiers while at a protest
103. Yahya Yosri Tah 21 26.11.15 Qotna, near Ramallah Shot by live rounds from Israeli forces at demonstration
104. Samer Hasan Series 51 26.11.15 Za’atara checkpoint Shot by Israeli soldiers and left to bleed to death as Israeli medics joked and laughed nearby
105. Mahmoud al-Jawabreh 19 26.11.15 al-Aroub refugee camp Killed by Israeli forces during a protest
106. Fadi Mohammad Mahmoud Khseib,
25 Jerusalem Killed by armed paramilitary settler after car accident.
107. Omar Arafat Za’aqeeq 27.11.15 Beit Ummar (nr Hebron) killed by Israeli soldiers after car accident
108. Abdul-Rahman al-Mobasher
28.11.15 Tunnel in Gaza died in tunnel collapse
109. Yousef Abu Sbeikha al-Boheiri 48 28.11.15 al-Boreij Camp, Gaza died from wounds developed two days earlier when he was shot by Israeli soldiers while he was working on his farmland.
110. Baseem Abdul-Rahman Mustafa Salah 38 29.11.15 West Bank killed by Israeli police after allegedly stabbing and wounding Israeli police officer.
111. Ayman Samih al-‘Abbasi 17 29.11.15 Ras al-‘Amoud killed when he was participating in a demonstration (he was from Silwan in East Jerusalem)
112. Ma’moun al-Khatib 16 01.12.15 Bethlehem Killed after alleged stabbing attempt
113. Maram Hasounah 20 01.12.15 Nablus arrived at a checkpoint holding an axe and hitting the watchtower with it. Shot by multiple soldiers and killed
114. Mazin Hasan Ureiba,
37 03.12.15 West Bank Palestinian police officer from Abu Dis, killed near Hizma checkpoint after allegedly shooting and wounding Israeli soldier
115. ‘Ezz al-Deen Rayeq ‘Abdullah Raddad 21 03.12.15 al-Masrara area of Jerusalem shot and killed after allegedly stabbing an Israeli police officer
116. Taher Faisal Abdul Men’em Fanoun, 21 03.12.15 Nr Hebron killed at checkpoint
117. Mostafa Fadel Abdul Men’em Fanou 16 03.12.15 Nr Hebron Cousin of Taher (above) killed at checkpoint near Hebron in same
118. Abdul Rahman Wajih Ibrahim Abdul Majid 27 03.12.15 Aboud village Killed at entrance to village when he pushed back against a soldier who had slapped him in the face. He was shot multiple times by three soldiers
119. Anas Bassam Abdul Rahim Hammad 21 Silwan Killed near Silwan village after car accident in which the vehicle he was driving struck Israeli soldiers
120. ‘Amer Yaser Iskafi
Nr Jerusalem killed by numerous gunshots by Israeli soldiers north of Jerusalem
121. Ehab Fathi Miswada 21 07.12.15 Hebron Shot to death after allegedly stabbing and wounding Israeli man. Was left to bleed to death by Israeli medical crews
122. Malek Shahin 18 Deheishe Camp (Bethlehem) Shot in the head with exploding bullet during demonstration against invading Israeli forces.
123. Abdul Rahman Yosri Zakaria Miswada 21 09.12.15 Hebron killed near center of Hebron after allegedly wounding Israeli
124. Omar ‘Issa Hroub, 56 11.12.15 Nr Hebron Killed while driving his car on Sa’ir road; he was from Deir Samit village
125. Oday Irshaid 24 11.12.15 Hebron Hit by two bullets from to his chest and neck while participating in a protest (his younger sister Dania was killed on 10/25).
126. Ahmad Jahahja 21 11.12.15 Qalandia
127. Hekmat Hamdan
128. Samah ‘Abdel Mo’men ‘Abdullah 18 16.12.15 Nr Nablus from Amoriah village, southeast of Nablus, succumbed of wounds sustained on 23 November at Huwwara checkpoint, when she was shot with a bullet to the head
129. Abdullah Hussein Ahmad Nasasra 15 17.12.15 Nr Nablus from Beit Furik town, east of Nablus
130. Mohammad Abdul-Rahman Ayyad 21 18.12.15 Silwad shot while driving his car near Silwad
131. Nash’at ‘Asfou 33 18.12.15 Sinjel shot by an exploding bullet during Israeli military invasion of his village
132. Issa Assaf 21 23.12.15 Jerusalem shot after allegedly stabbing and killing Israeli man near Damascus Gate in Jerusalem.
133. Anan Abu Habsa 20 23.12.15 Jerusalem shot during the same incident, after allegedly stabbing and killing Israeli man near Damascus Gate in Jerusalem
134. Wisam Abu Ghweilq 24.12.15 West Bank shot by more than 30 bullets after a car accident
135. Eyad Jamal Ed’eis, 26 24.12.15 Hebron killed during an Israeli invasion of Hebron
136. Mohammad Abdul-Halim Zahran
22 24.12.15 West Bank killed after allegedly stabbing and lightly wounding two security guards at an Israeli settlement
137. Bilal Zayed 22 24.12.15 Qalandia Camp Shot in the head during Israeli invasion of Qalandia refugee camp
138. Mahdiyya Mohammad Ibrahim Hammad 38 25.12.15 Silwad mother of four shot near Silwad when Israeli troops claimed she tried to ram them with her car but witnesses say that she was 30 meters away
139. Mos’ab al-Ghazalj 26 26.12.15 Jerusalem killed after Israeli claim of’attempted stabbing
140. Maher al-Jabi 54 26.12.15 Huwwara nr Nablus Shot by Israeli soldiers while driving near
141. Mohammad Saba’ana 23 27.12.15 Main road near to Huwwara Checkpoint Shot to death by Israeli soldiers who claimed that he had a knife.
142. Nour al-Deen Saba’ana 17 27.12.15 Main road near to Huwwara Checkpoint Shot to death in same incident; frpm Qabatya village, south east of Jenin
143. Hassan Ali Hassan Bozo 22 31.12.15 Huwwara checkpoint, nr, Nablus killed at by Israeli soldiers while driving his car
144. Shadi Ghbeish 38 Jalazoun Camp Died of wounds sustained several weeks prior when Israeli soldiers beat him severely at al-Jalazoun refugee camp, north of Ramallah.
145. Ahmad Kawazbah, 18 05.01.16 Nr Gush Etzion Settlement . Shot with multiple rouinds after alleged attempt to stab soldier. Came from Sa’ir village, east of Hebron
146. Ahmed Salem Abdul Majid Kawazbah 19 07.01.16 Nr Gush Etzion Settlement Also came from Sa’ir village, east of Hebron
147. Alaa Abed Mohammad Kawazbah 19 07.01.15 Nr Gush Etzion Settlement Same incident – also came from Sa’ir village, east of Hebron
148. Mohammad Zeyad Kawazbah, 18
18 07.01.15 Nr Gush Etzion Settlement Same incident; they were related and from the same village.
149. Khalil Mohammad Shalaldah 16 07.01.15 Beit Eynoun checkpoint, east of Hebron (brother of Mahmoud Mohammad Shalalda , who was killed by the Israeli army on November 13, 2015)
150. Ali Abu Mariam (Ali Mohammad Hajj Mohammad) 26 09.01.15 Al-Hamrah Checkpoint, nr Tubas Killed when Israeli soldiers were searching cars and made a claim of an attempt to stab them, but provided no evidence of that claim. He was a 3rd year student at al Quds University
151. Saa’id Jawdat Abu al-Waf 38 09.01.15 Al-Hamrah Checkpoint, nr Tubas Same incident
152. Srour Ahmad Ibrahim Abu Srour 19 12.01.15 Beit Jala Killed in clashes in Beit Jala while returning home from Al Quds University. He was from Aida Refugee Camp, Bethlehem
153. Adnan Ayed Hamed al-Halayqa, 17
12.01.15 Beit Eynoun Checkpoint nr, Hebron Killed by soldiers who claimed attempted stabbing of soldier, but no soldier was injured.
154. Mohammad Ahmad Kawazbah 23 12.01.15 Beit Eynoun Checkpoint nr, Hebron Killed in same incident (from Sa’ir village)
155. Mousa Z’eiter
23 13.01.16 Jabalia refugee camp, northern Gaza
156. Haitham Mahmoud Abdul-Jaleel Yassin
36 14.01.15 Aseera ash-Shemaliyya town, Nablus
157. Moayyad Awni Jabarin 20 14.01.15 Sa’ir, Hebron
158. Wisam Marwan Qasrawah 21 16.01.16 Nr Jenin Qasarwah stepped out of a taxi after crossing a checkpoint, allegedly threw a knife at the Israeli soldiers from a far distance, but it did not hit anybody. Israeli soldiers stationed in the Checkpoint watchtower shot him dead with 10 bullets.
159. Khalil Mousa Amar 19 18.01.15 West Bank Killed in ramming attack by settler while he was riding his bike
160. Roqayya Eid Abu Eid 13 24.01.15 Anatot Settlement Killed by an armed guard of Anatot Settlement. Israeli officials claimed that she had a knife, but her family contradicted that claim
161. Mohammad Nabil Halabiyya 16 24.01.16 Abu Dis (E. Jerusalem) Killed when an explosive he was carrying detonated prematurely
162. Ibrahim Osama Yousef ‘Allan
23 25.01.16 Holon Settlement, West Bank Shot and killed by Israeli after he was accused of stabbing to death an Israeli woman in Holon settlement
163. Hussein Mohammad Abu Ghosh
17 25.01.16 Holon Settlement, West Bank Killed in same incident
164. Amjad Sokkari Abu Omar 35 31.01.16 Beit El Checkpoint, nr Ramallah Killed after he allegedly opened fire at Israeli soldiers stationed at the checkpoint, wounding three of them
165. Ahmad Toba
19 01.02.160 Kufor Jamal, nr Tulkarem Killed by Israeli forces while attempting to get into Israel in pursuit of work.
166. Ahmad Awad Abu al-Ro 21 03.02.16 Jerusalem Killed, along with two others accused of killing an Israeli police officer, Hadar Cohen, and wounded another, during an armed attack near Damascus Gate
167. Mohammad Kamil,
20 03.02.16 Jerusalem Killed in same incident
168. Ahmad Zakarna
22 03.02.16 Jerusalem Killed in same incident
169. Haitham Ismael Mohammad al-Baw
14 05.02.16 West Bank Was killed by Israeli army fire after he and another Palestinian allegedly attempted to throw Molotov cocktails at a military roadblock
170. Omar Yousef Madhi Jawabra 15 10.02.16 Al ‘Arrouib Camp Israeli soldiers invaded al-‘Arroub refugee camp, north of Hebron, and shot Omar with a live round that penetrated his heart and exited from the left side
171. Kilzar Mohammad al-Oweiw 18 13.02.16 West Bank Israeli soldiers shot her three times, including one bullet that passed through her lung and lodged in her neck. She was denied medical treatment by the soldiers who surrounded her as she bled to death. The army claims she attempted to stab a soldier
172. Naim Ahmad Yousef Safi,
17 14.02.16 Al-Khass Israeli soldiers shot him as he was trying to cross a military roadblock near al-Khass and an-No’man villages. The soldiers accused him of attempting to stab a soldier.
173. Nihad Raed Mohammad Wakid
15 14.02.16 Nr Jenin Israeli soldiers shot and killed these 15 year old boys near the Annexation Wall section west of Jenin. The soldiers prevented local medics from approaching the two wounded children, and left them bleeding on the ground for two hours
174. Fuad Marwan Khaled Wakid
15 14.02.16 Nr Jenin
175. Mansour Yasser Shawamra
20 14.02.16 Jerusalem Killed, along with another 20-year old, after exchanging fire with Israeli soldiers and officers near the light-rail station, in Bab al-‘Amoud area, in Jerusalem
176. . Omar Mohammad Amro
20 14.02.16 Jerusalem Killed in the same incident
177. Mohammad Ziad Abu Khalaf
20 19.02.16 West Bank The Israeli army shot him allegedly after he attempted to stab police officers, mildly wounding two before he was shot dead. He was first shot with two live rounds, followed by dozens more shots after he was already injured and bleeding on the ground
178. Khaled Tareq Yousef Taqatqa 21 19.02.16 Beit Fajjar, south of Bethlehem Killed by Israeli army fire after the soldiers invaded the town. Medics said the young man was left bleeding on the ground, after the soldiers prevented them from approaching him.
179. Aabed Abdullah Hamed
20 19.02.16 Silwad, nr Ramallah Killed after Israeli soldiers invaded the town, and shot him, allegedly after he tried ram them with his car
180. Qussai Thiab Abu ar-Rob
17 21.02.16 West Bank Killed by Israeli soldiers who accused him of having a knife in his hand. Eyewitnesses contradicted the soldiers’ account. He was the cousin of Ahmad Awad Abu ar-Rob, 16, who was killed in November.
Non Palestinian death
181. Haftom Zarhum 18.10.15 Beersheva bus station Eritrean asylum-seeker killed in by angry mob of Israelis who mistook him for a Palestinian.
Names of known Israeli casualties during the same time period
Name Age Date (if known) Locaton Circumstances (where known)
1. Eitam Henkij c. 30 01.10.15 Nr Itamar Settlement, West Bank killed in drive-by shooting
2. Na’ama Henkin c.30 01.10.15
3. Rabbi Nahmia Lavi 41 03.10.15 Jerusalem Rabbi for Israeli military. Killed in stabbing attack near Lion’s Gate when he tried to shoot the attacker but had his weapon taken
4. Aaron Bennet 24 03.10.15 Jerusalem Killed in stabbing attack near Lion’s Gate
5. Rabbi Yeshayahu Krishevsky 60 13.10.15 West Jerusalem Stabbed on street in West Jerusalem
6. Haviv Haim 78 13.10.15 Jerusalem bus shooting
7. Alon Andrei Govberg 51 13.10.15 Jerusalem Same bus shooting
8. Richard Lakin 76 13.10.15 Jerusalem Same bus shooting, although died several days later from wounds
9. Omri Levy 19 18.10.15 Israeli soldier with the Golani Brigade, had his weapon grabbed and turned against him by an Israeli resident.
10. Rabbi Yaakov Litman 13.11.15 South of Hebron killed in shooting attack on car
11. Netanel Litman 19 13.11.15 South of Hebron Killed in the same attack. He was Rabbi Litman’s son
12. Reuven Aviram 51 19.11.15 Tel Aviv killed in stabbing attack
13. Rabbi Aharon Yesayev 32 19.11.15 Tel Aviv Killed in stabbing attack
14. Yaakov Don 49 19.11.15 Nr Alon Shvut Settlement, West Bank killed in shooting attack
15. Ezra Schwartz 18 19.11.15 Nr Alon Shvut Settlement, West Bank a U.S. national, killed in shooting attack
16. Shadi Arafa 24 19.11.15 Nr Alon Shvut Settlement, West Bank A settler from Hebron, killed in the same attack
17. Hadar Buchris 21 23.11.15 Nr. Gush Etzion Settlement, West Bank killed in stabbing attack
18. Ziv Mizrahi 18 23.11.15 Close to a Settlement, West Bank Killed at gas station
19. Mordechai Birmacher 23.11.15 Jerusalem stabbed to death near Damascus Gate.
20. Shlomit Krigman 24 25.01.16 Holon Settlement, West Bank Stabbing
21. Hadar Cohen 03.02.16 Jerusalem Stabbing
An additional 2 Israelis that were initially claimed to have been killed in attacks were actually killed in car accidents.
Also, during the police intervention in the 12/23 stabbing near Damascus Gate, Ofer Ben-Ari, 46, was accidentally shot and killed by Israeli police.